Monday, March 4, 2013

The big reveal! Happy Scrappy Trinity Ripple Blanket


I love my new ripple blanket, yes I do!  I ended up making it way bigger than I intended.  One of these days I swear I will learn to make a lap throw sized blanket for here at home.  It measures 80 x 77 inches with the border on it. 



It is such a happy blanket with all the waves of color dancing around.  I used up a lot of little scraps in various colors.  There are a lot of shades of color that just do not show in these photos.  I grouped together the yellows and blues and so on and so forth and started darker to lighter but the color variation is slight enough to give it texture in person but does not shine in the photos. 


The blanket is near a perfect square with it only being 3 inches longer than it is wider.  This means that depending on how I feel, I can put it either direction on the bed.  I can have the stripes going across, or I can have them going down.  Switching it back and forth helps keep the boredom away. 


Here is a close up so you can see the texture of the blanket.  I love that the rows have all this texture to it.  It just makes the blanket all that much more!



I put a happy border on it with ripples all around.  This blanket just needed that as a plain square border just would not do.  This way the outside sort of mimics the inside of it all.  

It was a really fun project which just about cleared out a good share of my yarn scraps.  I have a few more dark colors to use up, but things are getting lighter and brighter in my stash...  

I thought I would break up this post so it would not be so long.  I am calling it my "Trinity Ripple" blanket because the stitches were all done with the magic number 3.  If you would like to know how to make this pattern, I made graphs for you to do just that.  It includes the ripple pattern, how to square off the wavy edge and the border pattern.


I hope you enjoy the blanket as much as I do.  xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback, and thank you for commenting.